Sunday, September 14, 2014

Exploring Boston Common, the Public Garden, and the North End!

I had a whole day to explore Boston so I decided to take a trip down to Boston Common and the Public Garden.  They are two gardens right next to each other, but they were built two centuries apart.  The Boston Common as built in 1634 and is considered to be America's first public park. I absolutely loved the carousel and how the park was surrounded by the city. The Boston Public Garden was built in 1837 and my favorite park was the beautiful pond, home to lovely swans.

I got a little bit lost on my way to the North End, but I knew I was in the right place when I overheard many locals speaking Italian! The North End is probably my favorite part about Boston, with the gorgeous architecture and of course the cannoli from Mike's Pastry!

Boston Common

Boston Public Garden Pond

Boston Public Garden

Mike's Pastry 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, feelings, comments, questions... :)