Friday, December 20, 2013

The Art of Letter Writing




Letter writing is unfortunately a dying art form.  I save every card and hand written letter that I receive.  In the age of instant communication, I value the time and thought that goes into a letter so much more.  I had two pen pals when I was in middle school and reading their letters brings back so many memories of the things I loved in the 1990s, like Sanrio, gel pens, and boy bands.  I also exchanged letters with a dear dear friend of mine who passed away about a year about.  Reading her encouraging words and seeing her handwriting makes me feel still connected to her.

I also value the art of writing thank you letters after receiving a gift or writing a letter just to make someone smile.  I'm not sure how many people in my generation still write letters, but I absolutely encourage you to.  Writing a letter seems more meaningful and the words seem to have more depth than a text message or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, feelings, comments, questions... :)