Thursday, September 19, 2013

IPSY August 2013 Glam Bag Review

So I signed up to received the IPSY glam bags each month.  August was my second month receiving a glam bag and I decided to do a quick, fun, and honest review about the products I received.  I love make-up and always thought of it as a form of art.  In this case, your face is the canvas!

The theme for this month was Glamour Academy, which I thought was an excellent choice for the back-to-school month.

Here are the items I received in my August 2013 IPSY bag:



Below is my review of each individual product:


 Michael Todd: True Organics 
Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

I like this product because of the fact that it is made with 70% organic ingredients and it is also vegan friendly.  The product made my skin feel great, but I felt like it didn't do a great job exfoliating.  It is a very very gentle exfoliating scrub.  I was surprised with the color, it is a dark grey, but that makes sense considering that one of the main ingredients is jojoba charcoal.  Overall, I would rate this product a 4/5.


Noya Vanilla Lip Balm

This product is a full size lip balm and it smells absolutely delicious.  I absolutely love the feel of it on my lips.  It is made with 100% all natural and kosher ingredients.  I really love that the ingredient list is so short ( that is always a good sign, a true sign for natural products).  The ingredients include, coconut oil, beeswax, organic extra virgin olive oil, natural vanilla flavor, and organic stevia rebaudiana (aka sweetleaf).  This has become one of my main lip balms and I use it everyday.  I would rank this product a 5/5.



Pacifica Alight Multi-mineral BB Cream
Shade Matching Technology

At first I wasn't at all impressed with this product, but after giving it a second try it does make for a nice base.  However there is no coverage at all and I didn't feel like the product had "shade matching technology". The product comes out a dark brown/orange and it didn't exactly match to my much paler skin color.  It claims to be an all in one weightless formula that matches your skin tone while perfecting, hydrating, and diminishing the appearance of pores and fine lines.  Out of all those I feel like it really only did a good job hydrating.  I would rank this product a 3/5.


Pixi Lash Booster Mascara

I really did not like this mascara because it did not really provide and volume or definition to my eyelashes.  The only thing good about this mascara was that it didn't clump when I put it on, but maybe this is because it was almost like I wasn't putting on any mascara at all.  If I am going to put in the effort to wear mascara, I want it to see natural, but noticeable effects.  Therefore, I give this product a 1/5.

NYX Mosaic Powder 
Shade: 08 Spice

I really liked this blush powder.  It is great for creating a contour on your cheek bones and the color seems to stay on all day.  At first I was worried the color would be too dark for me, but with a bit of blending and light application I really like this product.  I give this product at 5/5.

FAVORITE Product for this month: Noya Vanilla Lip Balm.  I would actually repurchase this item.

LEAST Favorite Product for this month: Pixi Lash Booster (not so boosting) Mascara


Thanks for reading my review! Stay tuned for a review of IPSY AUGUST 2013 Glam Bag!  And feel free to comment below to let me know your thoughts! 



*** This post and La Petite Artist are not sponsored in any way by the products discussed.  Everything mentioned are my honest thoughts and opinions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, feelings, comments, questions... :)